Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bible Study,,,James by Beth Moore

So our church does a Bible study for women on Tuesday mornings.  I LOVE going to this group.  It is a wide range of women with all levels of life experience.  I learn so much from the Bible and from them.

This semester we are doing James by Beth Moore.  I think it is going to be a good one because after day 1 I have already gotten a message.  One of the things Beth said during the video was that no matter what God is still working.  With things in my life the way they are right now I think I need to hear that on a daily basis.  I am in such a state of indecision.  I am thinking I might want to go back to school, but that just seems like so much work.

However, I did have a revelation while I was at the wrestling tournament this past weekend.  I know, I know.  A wrestling tournament of all places.  I was sitting there talking with the kids on the team and I realized that I was having fun.  I love working with teenagers.  I like being around them and trying to make a difference.  So maybe teaching is what I need to be doing.  I have felt that calling before, but fear kept me from making that jump.  Now that I am sittng here with nothing to do, that idea seems to keep coming back again and again.

Decisions decisions.  I think I need to make an appointment to meet with someone at the local university to see what my options are.

Funny moment of the day:  I put a sweater on my  4 year old daughter to wear to school because she wanted to wear pink.  Well, she wanted to wear a pink dress.  So after a major meltdown that resulted in timeout, we went to school.  The funny part is she told her daddy all about it when he got home last night.  To hear her tell the story was so funny because she kept asking here daddy, did you not hear me calling for help when I was in timeout.


No comments:

Post a Comment